SIMPLE URINE TEST
Prostate Cancer is the second most common Cancer for Men. In 2018, there were OVER 1,000,000 New Cases WORLDWIDE
Prostate Cancer is the 2nd most common Cancer for Men
OVER 3,000 new prostate cancer cases were diagnosed every day on average
Nearly 40% of the cases are already in the third stage or above at the time of diagnosis
Urologists revealed that early detection of cancer can greatly improve the chances of patient recovery. In the late stage, the medical treatment can only control the cancer progression and relieve symptoms to improve man’s quality of life. Thus, early diagnosis of prostate cancer is essential for improving the cure of this one of the most serious cancers in the world.
ANY TESTS FOR EARLY PROSTATE CANCER DIAGNOSIS?
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) test is the gold standard for the diagnosis of prostate cancer via testing the level of plasma total PSA. It is commonly used and accepted by medical professionals over the world.
- If PSA >4ng/mL, in most Asian people, PSA > 4 ng/mL is normally interpreted as the high risk of Prostate Cancer, the doctor is likely to recommend them to do Prostate Biopsy for further confirmation. However, over 75% of men with PSA > 4 are not concluded as prostate cancer finally.
- Prostate Biopsy is a procedure involved needles in the prostate gland and the removal of suspicious tissue from the prostate. Since the prostate is a small, walnut-shaped gland in men that produces fluid that nourishes and transports sperm, the men will be exposed to various risks, like pain, bleeding at the biopsy site, blood in semen, blood in urine, difficulty urinating and infection.
WHAT IS THE ACCURACY OF PSA TEST?
Men who have elevated PSA level not necessarily have Prostate Cancer. Only about 1 in 4 men, with PSA level higher than 4ng/mL, are found to have prostate cancer after prostate biopsy.
3 in 4 Men with elevated PSA are suffered from unnecessary prostate biopsy
HOW PROSTATE URINE RISK EVALUATION (PURE) INDEX CAN HELP?
- PURE Index Test helps to avoid 50%-60% unnecessary prostate biopsy.
- PURE Index is a simple, non-invasive urine test.
- PURE Index test helps to evaluate patients’ (PSA >4ng/mL) risk of prostate cancer with high accuracy.
UNDERSTANDING THE PURE INDEX TEST RESULT
The PURE Index is developed by a team of scientists and urologists in HK, and supported by substantial clinical trial data in China, Hong Kong and Japan. The Index can provide a reliable reference to you and your doctor on assessing your Prostate Cancer Risk Level. Your need for Prostate Biopsy can hence be determined.
The PURE Index is categorized into 3 levels of risks with corresponding recommendations. Based on your overall clinical history and the assistance from the PURE Index result, your doctor will make the recommendation best suit you.