Most prostate cancer signs and symptoms are manifested as below:
- Difficulty starting or stopping while urinating
- Trouble emptying the bladder
- Pain or burning sensations while urinating
- Weak or interrupted urine flow
- Frequent and sudden urges to urinate at night
- Blood in urine or semen
It is a simple urine test for the assessment of the risk of prostate cancer in patients with elevated blood PSA level. It helps to assess the need for prostate biopsy Evaluation of test result and management decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor, based on your PURE Index result and overall clinical history.
PURE Index Test is non-invasive and its result assesses your risk of finding prostate cancer if a biopsy were performed. Our clinical study showed that it helps avoid 66% unnecessary biopsy. With this information, you and your doctor can make better-informed health care decisions.
The PURE Index Test measures the urinary levels of polyamines, which are important components for cell function, along with your clinical information using a complex algorithm to assess your risk for prostate cancer.
The PURE Index Test does not provide a diagnosis of prostate cancer. Instead, it is an evaluation of a patient’s risk for prostate cancer. The PURE Index is designed to evaluate the necessity of performing a prostate biopsy.
- had urinary tract infection within 6 weeks before urine collection.
- had invasive procedures to the urinary tract, such as urethral catheter insertion, cystoscopy etc. performed within 6 weeks before urine collection.
- had digital rectal examination done within 1 week before urine collection.
- used 5 alpha reductase inhibitors in the past 6 months.
- has history of other malignant cancers.