Southside Magazine – Movember: Be a man, take a break【今期 Southside Magazine 嘅封面故事以男士健康為主題，有新生命醫藥科技創辦人 黃嘉良教授嘅訪問！】新生命醫藥科技創辦人 黃嘉良教授喺今期Southside Magazine接受訪問！另外，今期仲有關於我們 #PUREInde譜宜評分，男士前列腺癌檢測資訊等 ，想知更多，就快啲㩒入去睇下啦！
- As the founder of New Life Medicine Technology Company Limited (NLMT), Gary Wong is on a mission to innovate medical technology to help detect illnesses. “Current medical systems are far from perfect; hospitals are understaffed and patients have to wait years for a proper scan. Fortunately, my scientific research is achieving satisfying results and I feel obliged to come up with practical solutions.” Wong is also the head and chair professor of the Department of Chemistry at Hong Kong Baptist University, of which NLMT is a spin-off company.
- They are constantly looking for new ideas with the belief that innovative research and development will bring a breakthrough in medicine tech, with the goal being to help tackle the current challenges of traditional clinical diagnosis. “Research for New, We serve for Life. This is our motto,” says Wong.
- When it comes to his personal view on men’s health, Wong is familiar with the stigma of seeking help. “Most men tend to be more masculine and confident, especially in Asian communities. They often don’t speak out when they feel uncomfortable. There’s a saying in Chinese that translates to ‘if one will not seek treatment if one does not want to accept he/she is ill,’” he says. Because of his profession, Wong is acutely aware of the significance of taking care of yourself. However, as someone living in one of the busiest cities in the world, he also understands that it can be difficult to find balance. “It’s important for men to have an open-mind when discussing health. As a scientist, it’s easy to convince myself of the potential downsides when I don’t live a balanced lifestyle. But as long as I understand the importance of maintaining physical and mental health, I will always make time.”
- As an expert on the subject that’s close to home for the Movember cause, Wong says it’s essential to make their health a priority by getting regular checkups. “One of the reasons we chose to work on prostate cancer diagnosis was that we discovered it to be one of the most prevalent cancers in men worldwide. But the fact that prostate cancer diagnoses often involve a painful and possibly embarrassing procedure in the form of digital rectal examination have put men off getting checks,” he explains. “We hope that our approach can show men around the world that early diagnosis is key and they should not be afraid of it.”
2021 Hong Kong International Medical and Healthcare Fair10月27（三）至30日（六）我地將會參與「香港國際醫療及保健展」，我們在場會有專門負責講解嘅人員，為大家介紹返我們最新的科技！前列腺有幾好？ 驗下尿就知道！譜宜評分是一項簡單、非侵入性的尿液測試，可以避免四成不必要的前列腺活檢，亦可更準確地評估前列腺特異性抗原水平超過四的病人患上前列腺癌的風險。有關展覽詳情：展覽地點：香港灣仔博覽道一號香港會議展覽中心參展攤位：1C-E34
New Life & Women Service Association Health Promotion Day新生命醫藥有限公司與婦女服務聯會合辦之
由於是次活動名額有限，有見於甚多有興趣参與體檢之市民未能成功参加; 本公司已經計劃在短期內再作下次體檢活動安排。希望到時能為更多市民服務, 請大家密切留意！
GERONTECH & INNOVATION EXPO CUM SUMMIT 2020
- The fourth Gerontech and Innovation Expo cum Summit (GIES), co-hosted by the Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS) and the Hong Kong Special Adminstrative Region (HKSAR) Government, and co-organised by the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP), showcases innovative technology products and solutions.
- New Life Medicine Technology Company Ltd. proudly introduced our Innovative PURE Index Test to the public. The test is an non-invasive; simple urine test for prostate cancer screening. This technology is 100% made in Hong Kong. PURE Index Test definitely opens a new page in Gerontech!
UROLOGY SYMPOSIUM 2020
- The Urology Symposium 2020 had held successfully by Anthony Chi-Fai Ng, MD. Director and Professor of S.H. Ho Urology Centre, Department of Surgery at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- New Life Medicine Technology Company Limited proudly to be one of the sponsors for this meaningful event. We look forward to sharing more innovative ideas with Hong Kong’s top medical elites in the future.